View the best pay packages in the industry
University of Toronto Bookstore, College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada, --Toronto, Canada
Job Summary: Junior Dispatcher - Brampton
- Schedule and dispatch drivers to pick up and deliver loads to and from customers.
- Coordinate and modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers.
- Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and establish new routes for timely deliveries.
- Assist driver with routing directions and communicate proper execution.
- Maintain high compliance to dispatch standards and operating procedures.
- Communicate specific freight requirements and procedures to drivers.
- Update customer web portals with up-to-date load information.
- Enforce safety procedures such as monitoring driver reports to ensure equipment safety.
- Analyze transportation planning opportunities to reduce transportation costs.
- Ensure proper placement of trailer pool to support customer’s daily requirements while maintaining cost.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2 years of experience in the trucking industry and/or dispatch experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations preferred.
- Positive attitude with good people skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word) with an ability to quickly learn new software.
- Experience working on Fleet Manager is an asset.
© Copyright 2021 Autobahn Freight Ltd.